Match funding up to £18k – Department for International Trade Internationalisation Fund Grant
The Department for International Trade (DIT) has launched its new Internationalisation Fund for eligible businesses in England.
Looking to sell internationally?
Project size £2-18k and get 50% paid for.
- Modify existing website / design a brand new website to include attracting an international audience
- Marketing campaign (PR, SEO, Design)
- Marketing Consultancy
Is your business eligible?
- The company must be based in England
- The company must be a small or medium sized enterprise (SME) with up to 250 employees
- No more than 25% of the business is owned by an enterprise which is not a SME
- Annual turnover does not exceed €50 million or annual balance sheet does not exceed €43 million
The fund is supported by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
Match-funded grants of between £1,000 and £9,000 will be available for future activity (subject to eligibility and availability).
The internationalisation fund is a 50/50 co-investment funding of £1,000-£9,000 (against expenditure of £2,000-£18,000) available to businesses who are looking to develop their exports. Broadly summarising applications can be submitted for support with market research, IP advice, translation services, international social media/search engine optimisation, market visits, tradeshows.
It can be used for website upgrades, PR, SEO, and sales collateral design and development (all with international development aims of course).
Please find a series of documents which can introduce you in more detail to the scheme and the activities which can be covered.
- Eligibility guidance
- Value for money policy
See also the flyer which gives a broader introduction the services from DIT. Each company’s journey and support from DIT can vary greatly, but broadly this could include:
- One-to-one support with tailored export strategy development and implementation
- Export Academy – our FREE programme of live and on-demand training on key export topics. This is ideal for companies new to exporting – see flyers re: Series 8 & OnDemand
- Events – online webinars covering a wide range of topics from generic international business considerations to sector/country specific focus.
- Support from our Overseas Network – who can provide detailed guidance on the local market, help further develop the strategic approach and facilitate in market introductions and.
- Trade Missions – these are usually very sector/market specific – for example we are currently planning for a trade mission later this year focussed Israel and tech during which we’ll travel with a cohort of companies to help facilitate their growth in this region.
To secure a grant, you’ll need to fund a proportion of your costs yourself. This varies according to where your business is based and will be either 40 or 50% of the total cost.
The Fund is currently available throughout England except in London where applications have now closed.
If you are in Yorkshire, I can put you in touch with the relevant person at the DIT to take it further. Outside of yorkshire, contact your local DIT.
For more info contact me!