Link profile: quality vs. quantity
One of the more extensive methods of web marketing is directory submission. It requires more than just basic knowledge but an extensive knowledge, judgement and experience for a submitter to function well in this field. Possessing all of the skills needed will help everyone shoot up in the search engine’s ranking. Search engines such as Google are extremely wise when it comes to tactics to manipulate the page rankings as well. Your efforts for link building must be done with utmost expertise so that it looks natural. So how do you make that possible? Here is how:
- Know your directories. You have to be committed about knowing your directories. In a month’s time, there will be a large addition to it that ranges from free to reciprocal or paid. You have to keep your eyes on and look-out for all of these and keep track of other factors that might intervene.
- You can choose from a wide range of general directories for free. You can keep your own list of these directories and carefully select the top directories for your account. There are a lot of submission companies that you can submit to but thousands of these are of poor quality that could harm your site instead of helping.
- Make sure that the directories that you will be submitting your works to are actively accepting and adding free listings. You can regularly keep tract of the submissions and then remove those that have stopped adding new listings.
- If you are going to hire a company to do the submissions, then make sure that the company has experience and track record to back their rates with. Remember that performance is top priority. Do not hire services if you are unsure.
- Consider taking things slowly or very slowly. You can do the slow linking to make sure that the progression of links would be almost natural. Considering taking things very slowly would mean a very natural progression that is best for new sites.
- Remember that it is the quality and not the quantity that matters. You have to be very particular of who you affiliate yourself with. This is not going to be a very easy task if you are not fairly acquainted with who you should be affiliated with and why you must be affiliated with them.
Your link profile is about the link types that you have for your site. The directories are considered most effective while a good alternative will be social media, other websites, blogs, comments and many others. The more varied they are, the more advantageous and it will create a bigger difference for your site’s page ranking.
Instead of the free directories, the paid directories with the best reputation should be your number one consideration because of the quality of their links.
For further advice on web design, web development, SEO or website marketing contact jrc.agency now!